Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pandora's Box- Schuler Ravencraft


           The story of Pandora’s Box starts out with Prometheus, the benefactor of mankind. Prometheus wanted good things for mankind so he gave us fire and for this Zeus presented him with a gift, Pandora. Pandora was the first woman and was presented as a bride to Prometheus’ brother, Epimetheus. Zeus gave Epimetheus and Pandora a wedding gift, which was a box with a warning label telling the couple never to open the box. Prometheus warned Epimetheus about taking presents from Zeus but he did not listen. One day Epimetheus left Pandora for a few hours and with this she decided to open the box. It is said that in the box she let out all the evils in the world, except one thing: hope. If I could get rid of any evil it would have to be violence. Violence escalates more problems then it solves. Without violence we wouldn’t have abuse, war, fights, killings and the world would be a much more peaceful place. With out violence conflicts would be reduced and we would be able to solve them in a much more peaceful manner. Violence is never ok and if I had the power to end it I would.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the summary of Pandora's Box but I felt that it could have been better if you had separated your opinion from the summary. That being said, I liked the topic, but I was somewhat confused when you talked about the conflicts being more peaceful, because it seems to me without violence conflicts would pretty much just be name-calling. Besides that, I really enjoyed learning about your opinions of the world.

    ReplyDelete