Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Genesis

The book of Genesis represents a beginning--however, not just a beginning, but really the beginning of everything. It discusses the details of how and when God created the Earth, heaven, oceans, organisms, etc. Following creation comes the story of Adam and Eve, formed from dust and God’s will. Adam and Eve soon encounter a change of scenery, though, as we all are bound to in our lives.
My change of scenery did not result from a mortal sin, however (at least not that I’m aware.) I was born in Providence, Rhode Island, and my family moved to the Boston area when I was around 3. I lived there until the summer before my sixth grade year, at which point my family was kicked out of the beautiful Eden that is New England. Okay...kicked out is probably not an accurate metaphor, but we did move to complete unknown territory, which of course was the south, and specifically Lexington, Kentucky. As Adam and Eve did, I have since gotten used to this different environment and learned to call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment