Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pandora's Box- Alexander Reese

    Pandora's Box was a gift from Zeus to Pandora. Zeus was angry that Haephestus gave Prometheus fire, so he gave Pandora a present. It was a box, but she had no idea what was inside and knew only that she mustn't open it. Needless to say, curiosity gets the best of her and she opens it. Inside are all the evils of the world which escape, leaving only one thing, hope. The point is that even a small thing can have large consequences.

    If I were to squelch any evil, it would be political corruption. Nothing infuriates me like an inefficient government as a result of politicians looking out more for their monetary backers than their actual constituents. I can't stand that the government in general in the United States is more focused on appealing to party politics than doing things that would actually benefit this country. I hate the two party system, because in my eyes it creates an unnecessary divide and turns issues into black and white that are far from it.  Political corruption has tremendous impact on millions of people's lives, all because of extremely selfish people who are supposed to be model citizens. No system of government will ever be perfect, but a reduction in corruption would undoubtedly be preferable.

1 comment:

  1. I really feel this blog post because political corruption really riles me up too. I can see why you're MAD because it isn't fair for people who have been untrusted by us to do what is best to toss aside their responsibilities for their own personal interests. While there is no clear cut solution to this problem, I agree that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

    ReplyDelete