Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Genesis - Kyle Luo

The story of The Garden of Eden goes something like this: In the beginning, God created night & day, the oceans, plants, the sky, the earth and all the creatures of the world. After he did this in the first week, God made a man whom he called Adam, and placed him in the Garden of Eden. After deciding that Adam shouldn't be alone, he took one of Adam's ribs with which he made a woman who he called Eve. Now they lived happily in the Garden of Eden until one day, the crafty serpent came along. He saw Eve and managed to tempt her into eating the forbidden fruit which she also made Adam eat. God saw this and was salty, so he banished Adam and Eve from The Garden of Eden which set the tone for the sinful nature that we as humans today demonstrate. My origin story is honestly pretty lame compared to the story of The Garden of Eden. I was the first in my family to be born in America; more specifically the humble town of Iowa City, Iowa. I don't have many memories of Iowa, because when I was a mere three years young, we packed our bags for Morgantown, West Virginia where the grass was greener. There I spent the next nine years of my life growing up, before we (again) decided to find newer pastures. And now, here I am in Lexington, Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment