Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse- Maranda Gaines


During the Trojan War between the Greeks and the Trojans, Odysseus creates a master plan to defeat the Trojans. His idea is to create a giant wooden horse that all of the Greek soldiers will hide in except for one. The Greeks create the horse and hide inside while the one man left out pretends to be a traitor to the Greeks. He convinces the Trojans that the Greeks left the horse as a gift to the gods and that the Trojans should steal it. The Trojans take the horse filled of soldiers into their castle and celebrate their believed victory. The drunken Trojan soldiers are caught off guard when the Greeks attack from the inside and are now easily defeated. Odysseus’s plan was a success.

http://faculty.asd.wednet.edu/~asmithson/odysseus.htm

My dream plan or journey is far less of a massacre than that of Odysseus’s. In my dream journey, I would travel to an island, maybe in the Caribbean’s, all on my own, starting with only the clothes I wear on my body. I would get there by car, plane, and/or boat with whatever money I could earn along the trip. Once there I would live off the land and become a fully raw vegan and have pure little vegan babies with my yoga and nature loving islander man that I fall in love with. We live happily ever after :)

2 comments:

  1. Your dream journey sounds awesome and makes you seem like a grounded person! I like how you compared it to Odysseus' journey and talked about how it is less of a massacre. You did really well clearly summarizing the plot of the story about the Trojan horse and made it really easy to read. I enjoyed reading about your dream journey because it is really unique and different from many other peoples' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the drive to go out on ones own and live independently, however we have very contrasting views on the longevity of an adventure like the one you described. Living on an island with nothing to start with would be terrible. I've seen Bear Grylls survive on an island, and it's not pretty. Second, becoming a 'Full raw vegan' and having 'pure little vegan babies' isn't something that's on my bucket list, and that probably holds true for most people.

    ReplyDelete