Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cain and Abel-- Siobhan O'Neill

After Adam and Eve were forced out of the Garden of Eden they began having children. Their two children's names were Cain and Abel. Cain grew up to be a farmer and Abel a Shepherd. When it was time to give offerings to God, Cain offered fruit ad Abel offered fat from some of his first born sheep. God favored Abel's gift and because of that Cain was infested with jealousy and anger. God warned Cain not to do anything rash to his brother but he refused to listen. He invited his brother into the fields where he murdered him. God's punishment to Cain was to drive him away from his people. My sister and I haven't had a terrible conflict for about three years. Ever since she moved out of the house to go to school in Georgia, nothing has really arisen to fight about. Although before then, it was quite obvious that every single conflict and I mean every single one had originated from borrowing each others clothes. If you are not a girl and do not have an older sister or a younger one you probably have no idea what I am talking about. You may think its just clothing, whats the big deal? What is there to even fight about? Well let me enlighten you. It starts with borrowing clothes without asking, say I took a shirt from my sisters closet and then she later discovered that I had done that without asking. Next thing you know she is yelling at my from down the hall in her room and sneaking into my room once I'm asleep to steal clothes without me knowing. Strategy is involved. When will my sister be out of the house? can I steal these pants and wear them to school without her finding out? Although the arguments have become heated I've never thought about killing her... "Cain and Abel: Bible Story Summary." What Christians Want To Know RSS. Web. 1 Oct. 2014. .

1 comment: