Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Genesis Post - Olivia Dixon

In the beginning, there was only darkness. God created light on the first day and a multitude of elements in the following days. He split the land and seas and inhabited the Earth with vegetation and other lifeforms. Man was created in His perfect image. When He was pleased with all His creations, God rested on the seventh day. The Lord realized that "it [was] not good for man to be alone," so, by taking a rib from Adam, He created the first woman, Eve. The two thrived in the Garden of Eden, under one rule; they were told by God to not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Persuaded by a serpent, and eager to gain wisdom, Eve ate the fruit and convinced Adam to eat some too. The fruit opened their eyes, and they realized they were naked. God, angry with their disobedience, condemned snakes to slither on their bellies, women to experience painful childbirth, and man to endure hardship. Both Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden.

I am a product of Tim and Lisa Dixon. Irish, Russian, Scottish, and Cherokee blood courses through my veins. I was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky until I was 4. Moving to Lexington was a new beginning and I'm excited for college next year, when I get to start all over again.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the opening line to the first paragraph, it was a great way to tie your summary into the text you were summarizing. The summary itself had a very poetic feel to itself as well. I think that is very suitable because Genesis itself was originally written as a poem. Your origin while quaint and well done, I feel as if you could have gone a little more into it.

    ReplyDelete