Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cain and Abel - Hans Stromberg

The story of Cain and Abel is a biblical story about jealousy and envy. Cain and Abel were the sons of Adam and Eve who were banished from the Garden of Eden. Cain made produce and offered it to God, but God preferred Abel's lamb. Due to this, Cain asked Abel to go out to the fields where Cain struck Abel with a rock killing him.


I have three older sisters who I have always gotten along with for the most part. They are all off at college now so I don't see them as much, but when we were little they would never play with me because I would want to go play football or basketball outside. Unfortunately for me, I had three sisters who would rather not hoop with their younger brother so I made due by making friends and playing with basketball with them. Considering these were the worst of my problems my conflicts with my siblings were almost nonexistent. I am also always compared to them by teachers (especially in middle school) which kind of annoyed me. I would always walk in the first day of school and the teacher would read roll call and get to my last name and say, "o, you are a Stromberg?". I would just nod my head and secretly glare at the teacher. Fortunately, I lived up to the standard that is a Stromberg. The worst thing about having three older sisters is that they always relate to one another while I have no idea about what they are talking about, but all in all we are family and get along with each other.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any older sisters, but as an older sister myself and can relate to your position as a younger brother. My brother and I get along pretty well, although because of our different interests we spend a lot of time doing our own thing. Your description of this situation was detailed and I liked your casual tone and use of examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good post. I like the description of the second paragraph. It has good depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone with older siblings myself I somewhat understand your predicament. Granted I have an older brother who I often did some of the activities you mentioned (basketball and football). However, I definitely understand the comparison that teachers do when they hear my last name and think of my brother and my sister. This element really adds to your analysis achieving your goal of describing to the audience what it's like to have a sibling rivalry of lack there of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any older siblings, but I have three younger brothers. I can definetly relate to you because two of them are twins who can really relate to each other. And because of my Arabic decent, teachers will call me out in class to talk about it, so I get that you find it annoying when teachers call you out in class. I really liked how sincere and calm you sounding in your writing, it makes the piece easier to read

    ReplyDelete