Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse - Kyle Luo

The Trojan War was a long and bloody war fought by the Greeks and the Trojans that raged on for a decade. In the last year of the war, the Greeks offered the Trojans a wooden horse which they took into Troy. As the Trojans celebrated what seemed to be a victory over the Greeks, Greek soldiers hidden inside the wooden horse surprised the Trojans and (led by Odysseus) routed the Trojans. After they destroyed Troy, Odysseus and his men embarked on their journey back to Greece, along which they encountered a wide variety of obstacles. I think a dream journey for me would be to fly around the countryside in a hot air balloon cause they're a pretty dope contraption and a unique way of transportation. I think it'd be even greater if I could fly in a hot air balloon over the New Zealand countryside and be able to appreciate the quaint feel and the large number of sheep.

3 comments:

  1. New Zealand is one of my dream vacation spots as well! I enjoyed the casual tone of the blog, it really made me feel comfortable with our relationship more as a couple of people chatting rather than reader and author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good post. I like the description of the trojan horse part. I like the description of the New Zealand part of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, hot air balloons are such dope contraptions, and fairly unique as I travel in a car far more than an hot air balloon. Being able to observe New Zealand sheep has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember, and I'm glad we can share this unique dream between us. Someday, maybe we could have a journey like Odysseus together, just two guys and an air balloon, watching the sheep along the way.

    ReplyDelete