Thursday, September 18, 2014

Genesis Jacquelyn Engel

God created the Heavens and the Earth. There was only darkness, so God created light; there was now light and dark. He called light "day" and dark "night" and thus creating a week. During this week, he mad everything on Earth from the waters, to the fruits, and to the animals, but on the last day, the 7th day, he decided to rest. On the 7th day he made man. Man became lonely though, so God created Woman who was named Eve. Both Man and Woman were now created and lived together in the Garden of Eden, but in this garden God told them not to eat the fruit from the forbidden tree, but Eve did not listen as she was tempted by curiosity and persuaded by the snake. Eve too persuaded Man to eat the fruit, and God found out and was mad. He punished Eve and Man with childbirth and would continue to punish their children for many generations to come.


I was adopted, so much of my origin remains a mystery. I was  born in China on November 15, 1996. This date may or may not be my actual birthday, and I'm not quite sure specifically where I was born. But as far as I know, I have lived in Lexington my whole life. I have just one sister, who is older than me, and my parents, who are divorced. I am the absolute youngest in my family, and my whole family is relatively small and live up North. I do not have a particularly exciting orgin.

No comments:

Post a Comment