Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cain and Abel - Alexander Reese

     Cain and Abel is the story of two brothers who make a sacrifice to God. Cain is a farmer and offers God his produce, but Abel is a shepherd and offers God his fattest sheep as a sacrifice. God is pleased with Abel and is not impressed by Cain's, which enrages Cain so much that he kills Abel with a stone. After that Cain is banished from the Garden of Eden.

     I can't say I've really had much of a large conflict with my sibling. We pretty much keep to our own. However, because I have a sibling, I often get compared to him which is just plain awful. Let's be real here, he will never be able to compete with my beautiful blond hair, witty sense of humor and charmingly good looks. And before anyone says anything, WE DO NOT LOOK THE SAME. It seems like every day, somebody tells me how they think my brother is funny and how I'm just like him which kills me on the inside. As the older brother in this situation, being compared to your younger sibling is terrible; you're expected to be better at everything and when you aren't better it just makes it that much worse. What irritates me more than anything is when my parents tell me about how smart he is or how good of a job he did on something.

2 comments: