Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse-- Haley Longworth

Odysseus' idea to build the Trojan horse came during the war between the Greeks and the Trojans, which was caused by the kidnapping of Helen- the Queen of Sparta. He proposed the idea to help the Greeks invade the city of Troy that was protecting the Trojan warriors. The horse held all the Greek soldiers except one, whose job was to tell the Trojans that the horse was a peace offering from the Greeks so that they could enter the city secretly. During the Trojan celebrations the Greeks departed the horse and went on to easily destroy the city of Troy and the Trojan army, because they were totally unprepared for the surprise attack, and were not in the proper state of mind to fight back due to the celebrations. "Was Odysseus the One Who Planned the Trojan Horse, in the Trojan War?" CliffsNotes. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Web. 30 Sept. 2014. <http://www.cliffsnotes.com/cliffsnotes/literature/was-odysseus-the-one-who-planned-the-trojan-horse-in-the-trojan-war>. My dream journey would have to be to travel the world. I don't see the point in staying in one place your whole life when there is a world out there that is meant for exploring. I see great importance in experiencing and observing how people around the world live, no matter how different or similar their culture is compared to America's. Life is short and we only get to live life on this Earth once, so during my time on our planet I hope to travel and see the beautiful people and landscapes that are here at this moment. The places I most want to visit are Australia, France, the Bahamas, Hawaii, England, but also many others as well! Another part of my dream journey would be to find a career that I will enjoy my entire life. Currently I feel a lot of pressure to determine the college major I want to pursue, but I know I have time to figure it out. I just hope that future me will make a good choice. :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the importance of exploring our world and experiencing different cultures!! At this time in our lives, there is a lot of pressure and stress about college and our future plans. I hope you relax and enjoy your teen years and explore the world when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summary, easy to follow. Not a whole lot of variation in sentence structure, some could've been split to avoid confusing run-ons. Sounds more conversational than narrative.
    I liked reading about your dreams. You had some great points and supported them with thorough explanations. Your optimistic view is evident in the last part and was a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete