Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse - Caty Beth

The Trojan war had been going on for 10 years when the Greeks decided to set a trap for the Trojans. They made a wooden horse and hid all of the ships and soldiers. The Trojans thought that the Greeks had finally given up, and were just giving an offering/sacrifice to Athena, so they took the horse into their walls, and had a celebration. There were, in fact, men inside of the wooden horse, and when the Trojans were not paying attention, the Greeks climbed out of the secret door that Odysseus had made in the horse, and destroyed the city, winning the war.
I don’t really have a "dream journey" like others might, but I would definitely love to visit a country in need, and do mission work. I spend at least two weeks every summer with my youth group, volunteering. One week we go to the mountains and help chaperone elementary kids while camping, and then the other week, we go to a different state (usually) and volunteer in the community there. I have always loved doing that and  would love to go to a totally different country, even a different culture to see how they could use my help.

Gill, N. S. "Read About the Story Behind the Trojan War." About. Web. 30 Sept. 2014.


1 comment:

  1. I have gone to three mission trips now, and the one to a different country was my favorite. I went to Jamaica and the cultural and lifestyle differences made for an eye opening trip. You should definitely try to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete