Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tower of Babel Schuler Ravencraft

According to the Bible at one point in time all the people on Earth spoke the same language. These people were also very skilled at construction and decided to build a tower that would reach heaven. By building this tower they wanted to make a name for themselves and prevent their city from being scattered. One day God came to see this tower. He believed that this "stairway to heaven", would only lead the people away from God. They're unity was so powerful that they could accomplish anything on their own. God squashed their plans by scattering the people and giving them all different languages.

I feel knowing more than one language is an important skill to have. I am currently in AP Spanish and have taken it since 7th grade. Even though Spanish is definitely not my best subject, I still think it is important. Learning how to conjugate in a billion different tenses may not be the most exciting but I love learning about the culture, especially since we have such a large Hispanic population here in Lexington. My tennis coaches are both native spanish speakers and I love being able to have a conversation with them or eavesdrop in their conversations. In college I hope to further my Spanish speaking skills or maybe even pick up another language. As of now I have never been out of the United States but I hope to one day be able to travel the world. It would be really cool to maybe do a study abroad, possibly in Spain or Costa Rica. 
"What the Tower of Babel Story Teaches Us for Today." About. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Oct. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment