Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Genesis 11 -- Haley Longworth

After the flood, the remaining people gathered together, all sharing one common language. They travelled East to Shinar and began forming a city that included a tower reaching into the heavens. God saw that the people were building and could complete whatever task they desired, so he spread everyone across the world and gave them different languages so that they could not communicate and work together. The city was never finished and was named Babel because there God had changed the language of the Earth into babble. "Genesis 11." The Holy Bible: New International Version, Containing the Old Testament and the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan Bible, 1978. Print. My next language would probably have to be French because it is so beautiful to listen to, being a romantic language. Though I would love to know how to speak every language there is, it is very unlikely that I will pursue any one in a lot of detail. If I do learn more, it will be the basics so that when I travel to that country I will be able to decently understand what people are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment