Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pygmalion and Galatea- Hans Stromberg

The story of Pygmalion and Galatea began when young Pygmalion saw some prostitutes in the street and decided that women disgusted him. Naturally, he decided to make an ivory statue of a woman named Galatea and became obsessed with the statue. He started to give the statue gifts such as rings and shells just like she was a real woman. His obsession created the most beautiful woman in the world who he feel in love with. Pygmalion burned an ox to gain favor with Aphrodite and Aphrodite turned Galatea into a real women. They got married and continued to thank Aphrodite who blessed them with a child: Paphos, from whom the city of Paphos was named in Cyprus.


"The Myth of Pygmalion and Galatea." Greek Myths Greek Mythology. Web. 14 Oct. 2014. http://www.greekmyths-greekmythology.com/myth-of-pygmalion-and-galatea/.



A character that I would like brought to life would be Tony Stark and Ironman. Having a billionaire playboy philanthropist as a best friend would have many obvious benefits which I would make use of. He would be able to hook me up with my very own Iron man suit so I could fly around with him in my spare time. Also, the fact that I hang out with Tony Stark would make everyone (especially the women) flock to me making me awesome because I brought Tony Stark to life. Having brought him to life, I'm sure he wouldn't mind repaying me with just a couple hundred million dollars. Also, he is one of the most brilliant minds in all of the fictional world so he would help me get through school in flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment