Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pygmalion and Galatea- Julian Perry

The story of Pygmalion (one of the many fantastic Greek myths) is one of unconventional love. The story goes that Pygmalion was a sculptor who set out to create the most beautiful woman he could make. Over time, he fell in love with his sculpture. The Greek Goddess Aphrodite (goddess of love) took pity on Pygmalion, and gifted his sculpture with life. Pygmalion and his Galatea had a son and lived happily together. 

If I had the choice, I would bring Artyom from the Russian novel Metro 2033 into life. His character in the book was truly unique, and I would love to get a chance to pick his brain over the decisions he made. I hold strong psychological interests, and always like to talk about the inner human psyche. Arytom shares this attribute, and would likely have thought about his own world and situation extensively. The insight I could gain from him would be entertaining at the least. Perhaps I could gain useful knowledge as well through his mind. Either way, it would be a remarkable experience as any, and it would allow a fresh, after-the-fact view of my most cherished novel from the protagonist himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment