Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Noah and the Flood - Olivia Dixon

 God created the world in the first chapters of Genesis. He entrusted humans with freedom, which included the possibility that they might turn away from him and unfortunately, that is what they did. Unhappy with it's corrupt state and festering evil, God flooded the earth. Before this, he warned his righteous follower, Noah, of his plans, and had him build an ark so he and his family, along with two of every animal could survive the destruction. When the rain ceased, Noah released a dove which returned with an olive leaf, symbolizing peace or the end of God's judgement. After those forty days of rain, God promised to never destroy all living creatures again, and He's kept his promise thus far.

Koalas were a part of Noah's precious cargo, and I'm glad because they're fascinating. Eucalyptus leaves, which a koala's diet mainly consists of, contain toxins that take a large amount of energy to digest so it's imperative for them to sleep 18-22 hours a day. That's ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about koalas. They seem like really interesting animals. It is intriguing that their diet is toxic to them, and that is the reason they sleep so much. I never knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koalas are so great because they sleep so much during the day. I may sound lazy but some days I absolutely envy them. Also, I just got hardwood floors and the wood is eucalyptus bark (I thought that was pretty cool). So every time I step on them I think of koalas.

    ReplyDelete