Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gibbs-Rhyme

To the Moon and Back
It was love my heart felt from the moment we met Overwhelming emotions I will not soon forget My heart skips a beat when your eyes meet mine Your kiss and your touch send shivers down my spine This love consumes me, it’s so powerful and true My life would have little meaning, my heart lost, without you I think of you every morning and dream of you every night My love for you continues to grow, it feels so good and right My heart’s only desire, what it wants and what it needs Is to perpetuate this love affair to see where it leads Knowing how to touch my heart, you have such a knack Just another reason why I love you to the moon and back
The rhymes used here are mainly end rhymes-both genuine rhymes and sound rhymes. For example, "mine" and "spine" are true rhymes, while "true" and "you" are only sound rhymes. Either way, the rhymes enhance the poem. The author is speaking of an all-consuming love, and the rhymes emphasize the clarity with which the writer feels what she is describing. Rhyming "mine" with "spine" insinuates a closeness of the two people, as does "true" and "you"; this specific rhyme suggests that the person the author is speaking of is true to her, and true for her. The rhyme scheme is AABBCCDDEEFF. This consistent use of couplets for the rhymes helps with the flow of the poem and makes it more pleasurable to read.
Bibliography: http://www.poetrysoup.com/poems_poets/poem_detail.aspx?ID=605894

No comments:

Post a Comment