Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Noah & The Flood - Jacquelyn Engel


God was upset with mankind. He was upset that they caused such wickedness and sin. In order to rid the wickedness and sin, God decided to wipe mankind out. There was one righteous man that God favored though. This man was Noah, and he was told by God to build an Ark for him and his family. On this Ark, there should also be two living creates of both gender. For forty days and forty nights, it rained continuously. The Earth began to flood with water and everything that was not on Noah’s Ark was wiped on Earth. After a year, God finally told Noah to come out of his Ark and promised to never to destroy mankind again.

 

I have always loved dolphins since I was a little girl. I think from spending countless summers at the beach, I not only grew a love for the ocean but also for dolphins. Whenever I spotted a dolphin off the shore, I was always thrilled. I was gravitated by their friendly and docile personalities and intelligence.

I was in a way “the girl who is obsessed with horses” but not that overly obsessed. I remember I would always check on Animal Planet to see if they had some special about dolphins. I even received a DVDs on documentaries about dolphins and the ocean as a gift, and I watched every single one of them multiple times.  I had a dolphin blanket, an umbrella, and a puzzle, but that was all, I think. I loved that they were such sociable and smart animals. They always seem friendly, and the tricks they can do are pretty amazing.

 

I have to say I think the world will end in ice, but with the strange weather we have had these past few years, you honestly cannot tell if the world will end in fire or ice. The weather during all seasons has been so sporadic. Two winters ago it was practically sixty degrees every day, and last winter it was negative two degrees every day. Two summers ago, we had a huge heat wave, and this summer the temperature stayed around the high seventies. I only say the world will end in ice because I’d prefer it that way.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even think about the strange weather we've been having the past years. Of course this can be due to different things: global warming, cooling, etc. I find it interesting that you would prefer ice; on the matter I wouldn't really have a preference I just really wouldn't want it happening. I couldn't imagine the world freezing and being helpless. Then again, I couldn't imagine our world burning to ashes and being helpless, either.

    ReplyDelete