Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tower of Babel-Garrett Uebelhor

The tower of babel story in the book of Genesis sets out to explain why so many different languages and groups of people exist in the world. The story that all the people united under one language came together to make a tower out of bricks and tar. The humans hoped to build a tower which would reach the heavens so that they could unite even further and not become scattered in time.  However, this would not be. The lord came down and in recognizing just how much the people could accomplish he decided that he was going to separate the group of people and make it so none of them could communicate with each other.

My next language would probably be German. Being from German ancestry I feel like out of all the languages to learn this one would be the best choice. I have already tried to learn Spanish and in doing so I recognize that foreign languages are not really my area of expertise. Truth be told I hated my years of Spanish and think I could be completely happy with never learning another new language. Yet I do understand just how useful mastering multiple languages can be and would be open to giving foreign languages another try under the right circumstances.

"Genesis 11:1-9." Bible Gateway. Web. 30 Oct. 2014. <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 11:1-9>.

No comments:

Post a Comment