Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tower of Babel- Hans Stromberg

All the people on the world were united and spoke the same language. They settled at a place named Shinar. The people decided to build a tower to the Heavens so that they could make a name for themselves. When God saw this, he decided to confuse the people's languages so that they could not finish their building. God scattered the people over the whole earth and because God confused the language of the people, the place was called Babel.


"The Tower of Babel." Bible Gateway. Web. 28 Oct. 2014 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 11:1-9.




Currently I am taking AP German and have taken German since I was a wee freshman taking German 1. My original thought process for taking German instead of Spanish or French was that my name was "Hans Peter Stromberg" son of Arnold, and I had German ancestors. Considering the fact that I am half German and half Swedish I believe that my next language should be Swedish because of my ancestors from Sweden. While Swedish has some similarities to German, I am sure the languages differ immensely. The only phrase I can say in Swedish is to say "calm down" which is "ta da lunkt" so if you think I should know more German or Swedish you should just ta da lunkt.

No comments:

Post a Comment