Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Galatea and Pygmalion- Alexander Reese

    Galatea and Pygmalion is the story of a sculptor who carved a woman so beautiful out of ivory that he wished her to be living, even though he didn't take much of an interest in women. After making an offering to Aphrodite at her festival, he returned to find that his wish had been granted and the statue was alive. Pygmalion then went and married Galatea. They then had a son named Paphos after whom the actual Greek city is supposedly named.
     If I could be any fictional character, I would be James Bond. The greatest spy in the world and a suave and debonair character. He's cool, confident and always gets his man. James Bond always had a certain to charm to him I wish I had, and I can't say I would mind being the epitome of attractive (although it does seem rather unfortunate that all of his loved one seem to die).Another reason I would choose him is that Ian Fleming is one of my favorite authors. If I had to be any of the movie James Bonds it would definitely be Pierce Brosnan because he is the dreamiest by far and GoldenEye is one of the best James Bond films.

1 comment:

  1. I also like James Bond! My favorite movie of his was when he was on that giant peach with all those insects, on an odyssey to reach New York City to escape his wretched aunts. Good summary as well!

    ReplyDelete