Sunday, March 8, 2015

Humor Post - Katy

The importance of being Earnest's humor is certainly entertaining. I enjoy the witty comments that the characters make to each other in attempts to outsmart the other. On page 10, Algernon says "Literary criticism is not your forte, my dear felow. Don't try it. You should leave that to people who haven't been at a University. They do it so well in the daily papers." This jab at the local media and their ignorance is funny to me because of the somewhat continued truth that it holds today. I particularly like on page 13 when Lady Bracknell enters and says, "I'm sorry if we are a little late, Algernon, but I was obliged to call on dear Lady Harbury. I hadn't been there since her poor husband's death. I never saw a women so altered; she looks quite twenty years younger." The fact that she is making fun of Ms. Harbury looking younger without her husband is comical to me because you would assume it would be the other way around.

For other humor, I look to my favorite TV shows like The Office or Scrubs. While most of this humor is low and dry humor, I find it hilarious because the characters make a fool of themselves.

Check out these funny youtube videos on these two great and somewhat underrated shows.
The Office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ3v7V2CZu8

Scrubs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIsGERFlG0

If you havent seen either of these shows I HIGHLY suggest them!

No comments:

Post a Comment