Monday, March 9, 2015

Comedy Blog-Garrett Uebelhor

Although there are countless examples of humor in the story, there was one that actually made me laugh out loud. The scene in the story where the widowed women is being discussed is in my opinion the most humorous of all.  Algernon states that " I hear her hair has turned quite gold from grief". The humor in this quote is not fully seen until the reader understands that the lady has come into a lot of money as a result of her loss. So really when Algernon is saying that her hair turned gold with grief he is also making a reference to her new found money. To me this type of more witty and intelligent humor is what I find the most funny. I really humor where at first it almost goes over your head.


The following pictures is just the type of humor I find funny. Its a pretty clean joke, yet is still witty and very comical. I would say it represents a pretty cerebral humor. I also enjoy shows like The Colbert Report and South Park, which may not necessarily always be a clean humor however it often satirizes very real issues and is able to present them in a very comedic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment