Monday, December 8, 2014

Ode- Brittany Graul

Ode to Coffee

The wonderful aroma enough to wake one up on its own,
Coffee has no rival.
Commonly brewed in the early morning before the sun has shone,
The rich roast is consumed by many and completely necessary to my own survival.
Fiercely addicted to the bittersweet taste
And the sharp alertness that its caffeine brings,
I could not give it up if I tried.
To not drink it would be a waste;
Every morning my coffee mug awaits and with every sip my heart sings.
Depending on my exhaustion I drink one cup, two cups, sometimes three, and finish every one with pride.


2 comments:

  1. As an avid coffee drinker, I especially enjoyed the sound descriptions of the "sharp alertness" coffee brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait I wrote mine on coffee too.....

    ReplyDelete