Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Jason and the Golden Fleece Ryan Collins

In order to regain his birth right of the throne of Iolcus from his uncle Pelias, Jason must retrieve the Golden Fleece, which is held on an island in the distant land of Colchis, heavily guarded by some terrible mythological monstrosity. Due to the quest's adverse conditions, Jason organizes a team of 50 of the most well renowned heroes of that time, and then sets sail for Colchis on his prophecy giving ship called the Argus. They sail around and get in all sorts of wild shenanigans while traversing the perilous Black Sea, but eventually get to the island of Colchis only to be met by King Aeetes, who tells Jason and his Argo-pals that he will voluntarily give Jason the Golden Fleece he so desperately seeks if he successfully completes three (seemingly impossible) tasks like tilling a field using fire breathing oxen, and defeating the fire breathing dragon that defends the Fleece. Jason completes the tasks with the help of the King's daughter, Medea, and sails back home with her and the Fleece, and takes his uncle's throne.


As a child, I loved Gundam Wing action figures. My father would always bring them home from business ventures, an event that merited a whole day of assembling and playing with the newest addition to my vast collection. On one beautiful summer evening, my parents had a few friends over from work who brought with them their children, who all played in my room with me. In fear of something happening to them, I hid the Gundams in my closet, where they would be safe from the prepubescent rage of one of the kids. After all the guests had left, i eagerly returned to my room to play with my toys, only to realize my closet had been ransacked and my toys left disfigured. I have not had my vengeance yet, but when I finally track down the person who committed such a cruel crime, I will be sure to destroy everything they have ever loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment