Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Echo and Narcissus- Garrett Uebelhor

Echo was a woodland nymph who loved to talk and would always have the last word. One day the god Juno came looking for her husband who she believe was cheated on her with the nymphs. Echo however distracted her long enough so that all the nymphs could get away. In retaliation Juno cursed Echo to always repeat what others said first and to never be able to speak the first word. She soon saw and became infatuated by a man named Narcissus, yet when she finally met him he pushed her away and he left. She then went off to live by herself and shrank away until she was only a voice. After hurting many people Narcissus becomes cursed to feel what he has made so many others feel. He bends over to get a drink from a fountain yet sees himself in the water. He falls in love with his own reflection and forgets to worry about human needs like food while all the time trying to figure out why image is shunning him.  He then dies knowing feeling the same longing which so many had felt for him.

The narcissist which I abhor would have to be Kanye West, I would like Kanye except for the fact that he thinks he can mess with my girl T-Swizzle, anyone who thinks they can jump up on a stage and say "IMA LET YOU FINISH BUT..." has to be the biggest narcissist of all. I mean really every word Taylor Swift utters is completely original and has no way been spoken in at least three songs and any one who tries to interrupt her is just a hopeless fool trying to stroke their ego. Really Kanye, think about someone else for a change!!!

Someone I would have to admire for their altruism would have to be myself, honestly I just think I am amazing because I remember to always put others first. Go me, Right? You can see how wonderful I am through all my community service activities. I am constantly going through the great personal trouble of helping the needy, if you don't believe me look at my Instagram page ( I make sure to always take multiple photos of myself during community service so I can remember how great I am).  Like seriously though, I am actually so much more caring than other people and that's why I actually admire my self more than other altruistic people.

"Story of Echo and Narcissus." Myths and Legends. Http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/view_user_myth.php?id=948. Web. 11 Nov. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment