Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Humor Post- Ethan Petraitis

The Importance of Being Earnest has many different types of humor, some intelligent and some slapstick, but my favorite type of humor present in the play is the satire used to poke fun at the class differences present in the play. One example of this is when Algernon is talking to Lane about Lanes personal life. "I don't know that I am much interested in your family life, lane" "No, sir; it is not a very interesting subject. I never think of it myself" this implies that Lane is so low in the class structure that his personal life doesn't even mean much to him, and especially not to Algernon.

One type of humor that I really enjoy is slam poetry. One of my favorite poems is George Watskys 'Narwhal Apocalypse' youtube.com/watch?v=A3fo96LYaJA This poem is a satirical take on human ingenuity and problem solving. The wordplay is clever enough to keep you thinking and the slapstick and physical humor at the end keep everyone interested between the deeper, thought provoking

No comments:

Post a Comment