Thursday, March 12, 2015

Comedy Blog

In The Importance of Being Earnest, of the funnier scenes in my opinion was when Jack attempted to take one of the cucumber sandwiches and Algernon told him, “Please don’t touch the cucumber sandwiches. They are ordered specially for Aunt Augusta.” But soon after, Algernon takes a sandwich and eats it himself. This sort humor was quite comical and I found myself chuckling. Dilbert is one of my favorite comic strips so I decided that I would pick an example from there. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2R1VysWpwoIZZ__BtdV26tW-yJBHmCc9yjpjKn1YWzHn5CopL:rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEyLzEyLzA0L2MyL2RpbGJlcnQ5MTMuY1NqLmdpZgpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/c78913ab/c2e/dilbert-9-13.jpg This example satirizes unfair bosses with their overly rigid demands which is similar to Algernon eating the sandwiches then wondering where they went.

No comments:

Post a Comment